April 4, 2013

Announcing Baby Rodgers... Baby Themed Meal and Photo

Well... it's official! I am pregnant! I just wanted to share some of the things my husband and I did to share the news with our families. 

We decided to have my husband's family and my family over for dinner and a "game night". I knew that after our news was shared, we would not be playing games, but that was the plan to get them all to come over. 

I was 6 weeks and 3 days pregnant, and I was a little nervous about telling them, but I just couldn't keep it a secret anymore. :)

I made a meal full of small things.

*Baby Burgers - essentially "sliders"
I had all the fixings to go on the burgers... lettuce, different kinds of cheese, onions, tomatoes, pickles, ketchup, mustard, BBQ sauce, etc.

*Baby Hot Dogs - Little Smokies
I cooked these in Sweet BABY Ray's BBQ sauce and had the bottle sitting by the slow cooker. 

 *Veggie tray with things like baby tomatoes, baby peas, baby carrots, and cucumbers

*Baby baked potatoes

*Baby pickles 

*Fruit Salad with baby oranges and baby marshmallows

After everyone was done, my wonderful husband asked if anyone noticed anything about the meal.  A few of them started to catch on and got really big smiles on their faces.  We had a present for each of them.  And as they opened it, they all started getting smiles on their faces and then the meal theme started to sink in.  It was a lot of fun and everyone was so happy!  

For all of our siblings we gave them a picture of my shoes, my husband's shoes, and a pair of baby shoes in the middle.  



I made a really cute frame that I wrapped with ribbon and made a bow out of baby ribbon for the brothers and sisters.

For our parents we got a frame for them that said "Grandchild are the Sunshine of Life" and put the picture in the frame.  Then for our moms we got a Grandma's Brag Book and for our dads we got a sign that said "Grandpa's Toy Workshop".

After we spilled the beans, we then had dessert which consisted of baby-cakes (cupcakes) and baby brownies (brownies I made in a mini muffin tin). 

It was a VERY fun filled night and like I had anticipated, we did not get to play very many games.  My Love does have younger siblings, and they were getting kind of bored with all the baby talk, so we did play a round of Apples to Apples, but that's about it.  

That's how we announced our news to our family.  It was so much fun and I wouldn't have changed anything!  Hope you get some fun ideas from this and I hope you enjoyed our news! 

-Cassandra :)


No comments:

Post a Comment