January 15, 2014

Valentine's Day 2013 - A Revisit of the Ideas...

I know... I'm super cheesy, but I LOVE VALENTINE'S DAY!!!

I love it so much that I celebrate the 14 days of Valentine's with my husband.

The funny is that my husband really doesn't think all this love and hearts stuff is nearly as cute as I do.  Last year when I did them for him (he was my boyfriend), I think I enjoyed making the things more than he enjoyed the cute sayings, hearts, and bows I used! :) LOL! But I guess that's what I get for marrying a manly mechanic! :)

This year because I am so busy with working two jobs and learning how to do this thing called being a wife, I am mostly using premade labels from http://www.mommybydaycrafterbynight.com/2012/01/14-days-of-valentines-free-printables.html

I do try to keep these gifts low in cost!  I mean, as much as I love Valentine's Day, I don't need to spend an outrageous amount of money to get the point across that I LOVE MY HUSBAND!  I do spend more on the last gift (the one given on Valentine's Day) because that's the actual gift.  But the previous 13 days are just for fun! 

Here is what I am doing this year...

Day 1
Life would UN-BEAR-ABLE with out you!
I made my own tag real quick using Word and then used a little glitter.  (My husband thinks glitter is ridiculous and silly, so I try to use it as much as I can to make his life have a little more sparkle! )
I then taped it onto a bag of gummy bears and voila!  Day 1 is easy as pie!




Day 2
You are one HOT TAMALE!
I used a tag from the link above and added some glitter glue to make in special.  Then you guessed it... I attached it to a box of hot tamales and day 2 is complete!



Day 3
It's a JOY being married to you!
I printed out this tag (which could be made for any kind of relationship... dating, courting, being engaged, etc).  I colored in the bubble letters and attached it to a pack of Almond Joys.  





Day 4
Just wanted you to know I'm NUTS about you!
I got this tag off of my Pinterest board and printed it out.  Because I have a black and white printer, I colored in some things with red marker.  I think attached it to the nut mix and day 4 is done!



Day 5
I SODA think you are amazing!
I printed out this tag from a site off my Pinterest board and colored some of the things in.  I am going to be putting this with some root beer because that's my husbands favorite soda.  And I am kinda going to cheat on this one.  We don't drink a lot of soda at our house, but for the super bowl we bought a 12 pack of root beer.  We won't even drink this pack before it expires, so I figured why buy more to go bad!  I am just going to use one from the pack we already had!  Kinda not as much fun, but as least we won't be wasteful! 


Day 6
I HEART you!
I found this heart container at the dollar store, but it was filled with SweetTarts... not my husband's favorite.  So I opened up the heart and filled it with peanut M &M's (his all time favorite!) and closed it back up and taped on the tag!  I got the tag from the link above and just added some glitter!  Day 6 done! And I even got a treat because I love SweetTarts! :) 






Day 7
You stole a PIECE of my heart!
I printed out this tag from my Pinterest board and colored it a bit and added hearts.  I then put it on a box of Reese's Pieces.  Easy as pie!




Day 8
DONUT you know I love you  HOLE bunch!
Who doesn't love donut holes!  They are so fun!  I made this tag in Word and then printed it and added glitter.  I usually give the gift to  my love at dinner time, but today, I gave it to him in the morning so he could eat them for breakfast!  This is one of my favorites!  I just love the saying!


Day 9
I've got a CRUSH on you!
I still have a crush on my husband!  He is just the best!  I got this tag from the link listed above and added some glitter glue (which you can't see because it's not the best picture) and put it with some Crush pop.  I liked this because I was giving my love so many snacks he wasn't able to eat them all.  So now he had some drink to go with the snacks and one less day of having something to eat!





Day 10
Ring for a Kiss!
I found a bell at the dollar store that was just too cute to pass up.  It said Ring for a Kiss on it and I gave that to my husband for Day 10.
The bell is sitting on the right shelf on the top.  Kind of hard to see in the small picture... sorry!


Day 11
I'm WILD about you!
I found this cute little red Valentine's monkey at the dollar store and I went behind my husband and wrapped it around his neck.  It was one of those monkeys that have Velcro on the hands.  At the time I couldn't think of a cute phrase to go with it, so I just said I love hugging you.  But after I gave it to him, which is what always happens, I figured I could use I'm WILD about you!  Because monkeys are wild.

Day 12
What are the chances I have a SHOT at being your Valentine?
I got the tag off of the website linked above.  I used bullets because my husband is big into shooting, but like the link shows, you could use a Nerf gun, water gun, or something like that. 



I don't know about you, but in our town in is IMPOSSIBLE to get bullets.  Our stores have rules about the amount you can buy each day.  So needless to say, I couldn't find any for the guns my love has, so I went with plan B.  I had bought a Phineas and Ferb popcorn tin after Christmas and wrote out this saying "I"m going to POP a question... Will you be my Valentine?"



Day 13
You're the BOMB!
I made a tag using Word.  Then I wrapped three Rolo's packs in red paper.  Next I held all three together (using a little piece of tape in the middle) with black yarn and attached the note.  I added a fuse on top with a little more black yarn. SUPER CUTE if I do say so myself! ;)


Day 14 - VALENTINE'S DAY! :)
Valentine, you've made a BIG BANG in my heart!
My big present for my husband this Valentine's Day is season 5 of The Big Bang Theory.  I made a tag and put it on the season pack.  I am also going to put in a few other things that he likes, just haven't quite figured that out yet because I don't want to get him any more candy and junk food!


I just thought I might add, that my husband used to think that Valentine's stuff was so silly and that I was kind of silly for doing all this.  But I will tell you all that he has gotten me a few things throughout this 14 days of Valentines!! Which has been really, really fun!  He's such a great guy!! :)  


Also, check out my Valentine's Board on Pinterest for LOTS more ideas.

http://pinterest.com/cassandraheber/valentine-s-day/

No comments:

Post a Comment