May 14, 2014

Mesh Feeding Baby Bags... A Teething Solution

My little love Bug is TEETHING!!! His first tooth just poked through a few days ago, and life has been pretty miserable for him lately :(  I feel so bad for him.  But I just wanted to share some things that have been helping us get through the pain.


The first, and most amazing thing, is our mesh feeding bags.  THEY ARE A LIFE SAVER!! :)  The week before the tooth broke through, Bug could not get enough of cold, juicy watermelon and honeydew in his feeding bag.  He would chew and gnaw until there wasn't any fruit left.  

Once his tooth broke through, he really hasn't been interested in food AT ALL, but I have been putting ice cubes in the bag and he really enjoys that! 

These are the type of bags we have, and I love them!  For the most part, they are very easy to clean (except banana... I have been tempted to throw them out after putting bananas in them, but I just let them soak overnight and it seems to help).  But they have really been a great help to soothe teething pain!  And we also love them for when Bug just needs a snack and isn't in the mood for baby food.


The second thing that has helped is teething tablets.  I know that people have all different types of reactions to teething tablets because they are a natural medicine and not FDA approved.  But in my opinion, I would rather use a natural pain reliever than a medicine full of crazy ingredients. But that's just me.  
The tablets just melt in Bug's mouth in a few seconds.  I hold it under his tongue until they dissolve, and then I rub the powder on his gums.  They really do seem to give relief to his hurting mouth!


Frozen teething rings are also a huge relief.  Obviously, just throw these in the freezer and then let your baby bite and suck!  Simple :)


A warm bath has also helped us.  I know it may sound funny, but baths TOTALLY make my Bug chill out.  So if he is really fussy and nothing else is helping, I put him in the bath and it instantly relaxes him and once he is relaxed, his pain in more manageable.  


This tooth has been quite the upset for my Bug.  And to be quite honest, it is breaking my heart to see him in so much pain.  But these tips have helped make the pain much more bearable (for both of us)  :)

That's all for now!
-Cassandra

No comments:

Post a Comment