February 27, 2016

Turkey, Potato, Carrot Baby Food

I really enjoy making baby food. There is just something that makes my heart swell with joy knowing that I am making yummy, healthy food for my little baby. 

But my first little Bug moved on to table food when he was 7 1/2 months old!  Way too soon for me and I had a whole freezer full of food! :(

So when Sunshine arrived on the scene, I really wanted him to like baby food better than Bug did!  I decided to make yummy, well seasoned, and interesting baby food so he would stick with it longer! And it did work, Sunshine ate baby food until about 8 1/2 months!  Not, much longer, but I'll take it! ;)

Here is one of Sunshine's favorite recipes I made...

Turkey, Potato, Carrot Baby Food
I had just made a turkey, so I made some into baby food.  This is just what I did. I'm sure you can do this many different ways and it will still taste great!

1/4 pound cooked turkey - I used mostly dark meat so it was juicy
3 potatoes
4 carrots
Onions from the turkey
Enough turkey broth to cook in

Boil and carrots and potatoes and onion in the turkey broth.  I added a little water to it also, but it was mostly broth.

Once the potatoes and carrots are soft, add in the turkey meat and let it simmer for about five minutes.


Then dump it in the food processor or blender and add the water/broth to make it the desired consistency.


Once blended, spoon it into ice cube trays to freeze. Once they are frozen, crack them out of they trays and put into freezer Zip-lock bags and label!

When your baby is ready to enjoy, just take out a cube or two and warm them up!  I just know your baby will love it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment