January 29, 2013

organizing my art supplies

I have a HUGE art class this year.  I have never had one so large.  And I finding out that the hardest and most time consuming thing we do all class period is hand out and clean up supplies.  

I was on pinterest the other day and saw an idea for organizing supplies like sharpies, pens, pencils, etc. and I immediately thought of my art class supplies.  

It is very simple and only took about 30 minutes to complete the whole project from start to finish, and it needs very little supplies.  In fact, I had everything I needed right in my classroom! :)

I started with a box I had laying around and got all my empty paper towel tubes and toilet paper tubes out.  I cut the paper towel tubes in fourths and some toilet paper tubes I left whole, and some I cut in half.


I then put a piece of packing tape on the bottom.  This would not have to be done if you aren't planning on ever taking the supplies out.  But I am going to use them to pass out the supplies to my class, so I needed to have something on the bottoms.


Then I put them in the box, filled them with the supplies, and made a sign for the front. 


If I wasn't going to be using this for such a messy supply like chalk, I probably would have covered the inside and all of the outside with paper and made it really pretty!  But for right now, just covering the front looks good for where I have it sitting on my shelf of art supplies! 



It is VERY primitive, and not nearly not as cute as I would have liked, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do! :)

Easy as pie!  I hope this will help organize my art class better as well as give us more time to create and less time passing out supplies.  

Let me know what you do to keep art supplies organized in your life.

Be Blessed!
Cassandra 

No comments:

Post a Comment