February 27, 2014

Cloth Diaper Fleece Liners

When I first started cloth diapers on my Bug, he hated the feeling of being wet.  Which I don't blame him for!!  So I changed him alot.  Which wasn't too bad, but then I had an idea...

I also was looking for something to act as a barrier for when I put on diaper cream, because I did not want to buy special cream for cloth diapers.  

I was reading a blog somewhere that said to cut little pieces of fleece and put them down so the diaper cream goes on that and not the cloth diaper. 

So I tried that and when I used diaper cream, it worked okay.  But the pieces were too small. (These have now become my wipes).

So I decided to buy more fleece and cut them to the size of a tri-folded prefold.





I have since discovered that if I always put a fleece line down it does two things...

1.  It wicks away the moisture from my little Bug's bum, helping him to feel more dry.
2.  Saves my diapers from getting super stained when he poops! :)  The sides get a little stained, which comes out after a few washed, but the whole thing stays fairly clean for the most part. 

I do only use these with prefolds because most other diapers on the market already have a wicking away liner.  


The coolest thing is that when I was looking for doublers and inserts online, I ran across fleece liners.  They are doing the same thing I am using them for.  But in my opinion, they are super spendy!  So I am feeling pretty good about myself for coming up with the idea on my own, and it is really a "real thing" for cloth diapers!  (Pat myself on the back! :) )

I bought one yard of fleece for about $6.00.  I didn't wait for a super great sale because I wanted it NOW! So it wasn't the cheapest, but I probably made about 60 liners or so.  So I still think I came out quite nice with the price.  

The fleece really does wash up nice to.  I haven't had any stains or anything and for the most part, it is still very soft and thick feeling.  

I will advise you to buy the fleece from a "good" fabric store like Jo-Anns or someting.  The first stuff I bought from Wal-Mart because Bug was super tiny and needed to eat alot, so when I was out and about, I couldn't be gone for that long.  So I got it at the one stop shop of Wal-Mart.  The fleece is thin, VERY stretchy and poor quality.  I am using this for my wipes, but I am very glad I got some better quality stuff for my liners!  

Ahhh... I just LOVE talking about all the great things about cloth diapering!  It is so much fun!

That's all for now!
Cassandra :)

No comments:

Post a Comment