June 22, 2015

Lavender Rice Indoor Play

My Bug is an active toddler!  One of his favorite things to do is run through the house shouting, "Run! Run! Run!"  This can make things a little crazy, especially when he is so loud he wakes up Baby Sunshine!  

And because of Baby Sunshine, we can't go outside as much as Bug would like to.  So I was searching Pinterest for fun inside activities and I came across the idea of playing with rice.  

All you need is some rice and a few buckets/containers.  I put everything into an under the bed plastic storage tub that I had laying around and it does help to contain the mess! :)


But, on  the plus side, I have swept my kitchen floor more this past week than I have in the five months we have lived in this house! ;)  


And honestly, it really isn't as bad as you would think it is to clean up!  It sweeps up super fast!  Especially if you have an awesome helper like I do! 


I also added a couple drops of lavender essential oil to the rice to add the calming effects to the play.  I have been bringing out the rice to play with when Bug just needs a little break because he is getting too hyper!  And the calming lavender really seems to help him relax and refocus!  


He is just so cute!  And he's having so much fun! 

Helping my kid to be a kid and just play... That's my goal these days!  

Cassandra :)

No comments:

Post a Comment